“Coming-of-age RPG” Loop8: Summer of Gods will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch on March 16, 2023 in Japan for 6,578 yen, and for PC via Steam on March 21, Marvelous announced. The PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will be available both physically and digitally.
In the west, Loop8: Summer of Gods is due out both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch, and digitally for PC via Steam in spring 2023. However, given that the PC version will launch on a separate date from the console versions in Japan, March 21 will likely also be the console and PC versions’ global release date.
Here is an overview of the game, via western publishers XSEED Games and Marvelous Europe:
A coming-of-age adventure, Loop8: Summer of Gods follows protagonist Nini and his classmates as they try to defeat the Kegai, demonic entities who have forced humanity to the brink of extinction. Raised on a failed space station known as “Hope,” Nini returns to Earth to spend his summer in Ashihara, one of humanity’s last remaining sanctuaries. Gifted with “Demon Sight,” Nini can use his special connection to the gods to reset the world, with each loop allowing him and his allies to relive the 8th month over and over until they get it right… or the Kegai overwhelm them entirely.
The team behind Loop8: Summer of Gods includes senior producer Yoichi Miyaji (Lunar series, Grandia series), game designer Yuri Shibamura (Gunparade March, Touken Ranbu), character designers Shingo Adachi (Sword Art Online) and En Morikura (Kizuna Ai), concept artist Kitsuneiro (Amatsu Kitsune), mascot character designer Ryudai Murayama (Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin), and composer Noriyuki Iwadare (Ace Attorney series).
- Choices That Can Change the World – Loop8’s emotion-driven AI system responds to every action and decision players make. Characters’ emotions and stories will vary greatly based on player choices, making each playthrough wholly unique.
- A Beautiful Seaside Town Brimming with Mystery – A nostalgic and beautifully recreated snapshot of rural Japan circa 1983, Ashihara is home to a colorful cast of characters, each harboring their own secrets to uncover. Will players’ choices make them trusted allies… or mortal enemies?
- Live an Ordinary Life, Fight Extraordinary Enemies – Build bonds with Ashihara’s residents while protecting the town from the ever-present threat of the Kegai, repeating the cycle to uncover how everyday actions impact battles in the Underworld, and vice versa.
- Relive the Past to Alter the Future – Though the deadline for humanity’s extinction draws ever closer, Ashihara’s fate remains in your hands. Repeatedly return to the start of August, alter your actions, and see how they turn the tides of destiny across multiple endings.
And here is the voice cast:
- Nini (voiced by Gakuto Kajiwara)
- Konoha (voiced by Azumi Waki)
- Ichika (voiced by Aoi Koga)
- Goods (voiced by Megu Umezawa)
- Saru (voiced by Ryouta Suzuki)
- Hori (voiced by Taku Yashiro)
- Machina (voiced by Maki Kawase)
- Micchi (voiced by ???)
- Nanachi (voiced by ???)
- Kuni (voiced by ???)
- Max (voiced by ???)
- Takako (voiced by ???)
- Terasu (voiced by ???)
Watch a new set of trailers below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.